Recipes that have me drooling this week
In my travels around the blogosphere I've found some wonderful recipes to make this Easter long weekend. I thought I'd share some of my favourites with you.
Photo by Eating Out Loud
The recipe and beautiful accompanying pictures are giving me tingles. What an amazing use for figs! If you're in Australia grab them quick before they go out of season and make this divine looking jam. I'm sure this will be fabulous added to an autumn cheese platter.
Photo by Picky Cook
It is no secret that I love the lightness and texture of yogurt cake and this one looks fabulous. Moist, light and an amazing colour - what more could you want? STOP PRESS: You could also want a great grapefruit version!
Especially for easter:
Iron Chef Shellie's Hot Cross Buns
A classic looking recipe, adapted from Donna Hay's but with extra fruit, just the way I like it. Shellie's photography is always gorgeous and these buns look soft and glazed-shiny.
Photo by Not Quite Nigella
Oh oh .. cimmamon, chocolate and the soft butteriness of a hot cross bun? Diet? What diet? Not Quite Nigella's take on the standard looks fabulous and I can almost taste them already.
What are you cooking this Easter? Share your recipe ideas or links in the comments below!
Other posts you might be interested in reading
- Recipe round up:3 recipes I’m trying next week photo credit: Photoportunity Each week I like to add some new dishes to the menu. We do have our favourites that pop up on the...
- Meal Plan Monday: What we’re eating this week Inspired by Amy at Feasibly Fit Mom, I decided to post this week's meal plan. I've previously mentioned how I use technology to plan my...
- 4 cookbooks and recipe collections I couldn’t do without I admit it, I have a small problem. Cookbooks and cooking magazines have overflown out of the kitchen, out of the bookcases and all over...
- Magic in the Microwave: Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding As a child, I used to beg my mother to make this for us, even when I was more than old enough to make it...
- Easy low fat dessert: Turkish yoghurt cake This easy recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law along with a huge supply of lemons. I believe she pinched the recipe from the...